Currently, Apple has a lot of iPhone models for sale. The cheapest is the newly released iPhone SE 3, which starts at $429. However, if you have more money, you can pick up the iPhone 11 for $499, the iPhone 12 for $699 and even the iPhone 13 for $785 (lower price in China). According to iDropNews, Apple began planning to integrate the product line after the release of the iPhone 14 in the fall. The company will not only discontinue the iPhone 11, but also cut the price of the iPhone 12 from $699 to $599. As for the iPhone 12 mini, the price of this device starts at $499.
These marketing actions were reflected in previous generations of new iPhones. From the latest report, it appears that Apple is not planning to change course this year. Coming back to the iPhone 14 series, according to recent reports, the four models of this year are completely different. The first is that the company will stop production of the 5.4-inch mini model. However, it will now have two 6.1-inch and two 6.7-inch models. The four models will be the iPhone 14, 14 Max, 14 Pro and 14 Pro Max.
Moreover, the Apple iPhone 14/14 Max will continue the small design of the iPhone 13 series. However, the iPhone 14 Pro/Pro Max will now use a double-hole model to achieve a higher screen ratio. Again, only the 14 Pro screen is provided exclusively by Samsung, the other three are available for LG or even BOE.
Apple iPhone 12 mini and iPhone 12 specifications
- iPhone 12 mini – 5.4 inch (2340 x 1080 pixels) OLED 476ppi Super Retina XDR, up to 1200 nits brightness, Ceramic Shield protection
- iPhone 12 – 6.1 inch (2532 x 1170 pixels) OLED 460ppi Super Retina XDR display, up to 1200 nits brightness, HDR, Dolby Vision, Ceramic Shield protection
- Hexa-core 5nm A14 Bionic chip with 64-bit architecture and quad-core graphics
- 64 GB, 128 GB, 256 GB Storage Options
- iOS 14
- Water and dust resistance (IP68)
- Dual SIM (nano + eSIM)
- 12MP wide angle camera (f/1.6), 7P lens, optical image stabilization, True Tone flash, 4K video recording at 60fps, 1080p slow motion at 240fps, 12MP ultra-wide secondary camera and 120° (f/2.4), 5-pixel resolution lens
- 12MP TrueDepth front camera with f/2.2 aperture, Retina flash, 4K video recording at 60 fps, 1080p slow motion at 120 fps
- TrueDepth camera for FaceID and stereo speakers
- iPhone 12 mini dimensions: 131.5 x 64.2 x 7.4 mm; Weight: 133 grams
- iPhone 12 dimensions: 146.7 x 71.5 x 7.4 mm; Weight: 162 grams
- 5G (sub‑6 GHz), Gigabit-class LTE, 802.11ax Wi Fi 6 with 2 x 2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC with reader mode, GPS with GLONASS
- Built-in rechargeable Li-ion battery with MagSafe wireless charging, fast charging, up to 15 hours (iPhone 12 mini) / 17 hours (iPhone 12) video playback