If you are an Android user, you are no stranger to the collection of apps, games, books and movies in the Google Play Store, but have you heard of Google Play Points? It’s a free rewards program to joinProgram members can earn points for money spent in the Google Play Store. Members can then use your accumulated points to get discount coupons, in-app items, or Google Play credit.
If you want to get more involved with the games, apps and content in the Google Play Store, Play Points is an easy and risk-free way to get started, save money and get rewarded on purchases.
Here’s what you need to know about Google Play Points.
How do Google Play Points work?
Google Play Points are divided into four levels – Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum. Once you reach a new level, you will be locked up in it for a whole year. Google says that if you reach the Gold level, for example, between January 1 and December 31, 2022, you will stay at that level until December 31, 2023, even if you don’t earn any more points.
Here’s how it breaks down:
- 0 to 149 points required
- Earn 1 point for every dollar you spend on Google Play Store
- Up to 4x points on in-game purchases, or 2x points when renting a movie or buying a book in Google Play during monthly events
- 150 to 599 points required
- Earn 1.1 points for every $1 you spend on Google Play Store
- Up to 4x points on in-game purchases, and 3x points when renting a movie or buying a book in Google Play during monthly events. You can also claim separate weekly Silver prizes.
- 600 to 2,999 points are required.
- Earn 1.2 points for every $1 you spend on Google Play Store.
- Up to 4x points on in-game purchases, and 4x points when renting a movie or purchasing a book in Google Play during monthly events. You can also claim separate weekly gold prizes.
- 3000 points or more are required.
- Earn 1.4 points for every $1 you spend on Google Play Store.
- Up to 4x points on in-game purchases, and 5x points when renting a movie or buying a book in Google Play during monthly events. You can also claim separate weekly platinum prizes, and access premium customer support.
How do I sign up for Google Play Points?
You will first need to register for the program. You can do this using your Android device or a computer.
Subscribe to Google Play Points on mobile:
1. Click on Google Play app.
2. Click on profile icon in the upper right corner.
3. Choose playing points.
4. Choose join for free.
Subscribe on PC for Google Play Points:
1. Search and open a file Google Play Store in the browser.
2. click playing points in the left menu.
3. click join for free.
After following the instructions for either device, you’ll need to add a payment method if you don’t already have one set up.
How do I earn Play Points?
Earning Play Points is very easy: You can earn Play Points from purchases of apps or games, as well as in-app purchases. You can also earn it by purchasing books, movies, or TV shows (or individual episodes) in Google Play or the Google Play Movies app. Buying games from the Stadia app for Android or subscribing to Google One for Android can also earn you money.
When you check out the Play Store – if you signed up – you should see how many Play Points you’ve earned with that purchase.
From your Play Points home page, you can click Settings points in the upper right corner and click Points history to see which apps have earned points, or where you’ve spent points.
How do I use Google Play points?
In the Play Points section of the store, you should be able to see how many points you’ve collected near the top of the screen, as well as what category you’re currently in. Click the Play Points section to explore more ways to earn and use points, as well as perks to take advantage of.
Under the “Earn” menu, you’ll see a list of games and apps that you can apply your points to in in-app purchases, as well as more general opportunities to earn more points (make two purchases of $9 or more and you’ll be able to earn 300 points, for example).
Click on Use and you will see different games and apps that offer special in-game rewards or Play Points credit. You can also choose a more general Google Play credit of $1, $2, $5 or $10. $1 Google Play credit costs 100 Play points, for example, and the points will be deducted from your balance. The plus side is that purchases in the Google Play Store will help you replenish your balance.
If you choose a credit, for example, you can apply it to the next app, game, book, movie, or TV show you want to buy. The credit expires after one year. There are also options to donate to nonprofit organizations such as the Disaster Charity Center and Children’s Play.
Finally, you can claim weekly prizes under the Perks tab. If a prize is available, you can click on it to claim it, see what expires, and also when you expect the next prize to be available. For example, when I opened my weekly prize, it included six Play Points.
Do Play Points Expire?
Accumulated and unused Play Points will expire 12 months after the date of the most recent Points activity, in accordance with the Google Play Points Terms of Service document. Points also expire if you cancel your enrollment from the program or lose your membership.
For more information, check outAnd .