As a writer, I often find myself needing to photocopy large chunks of text from websites and articles to send to someone or read later. And while my iPhone 13 Pro Max has an enviable screen size, my stomach turns a bit at the thought of having to capture 25 pages of long text individually, ensuring nothing is lost, before sending each screenshot one by one.
Fortunately for me, Apple has thought of this, giving any iOS device an easy way to capture an entire page with just a few clicks. So read on and I’ll show you how to use the full page screenshot feature on iPhone and iPad to capture and share an entire Safari page in one go.
How to take a screenshot of a full page on iPhone and iPad
1. Open Safari and head to the webpage you want to take a screenshot of. together Press the side buttons and volume up to take a screenshot. A thumbnail preview box will appear at the bottom left of the screen.
If you have an iPad, it’s pretty much the same, but you’ll need to Press the Volume Up and Lock button simultaneously.
2. Tap on the screenshot preview boxThen Click on full page On the top.
3. Scroll the page using the bar on the right of the screen.
4. Tap Crop To shorten the screenshot. Select a tool from the Mark Up bar And Use your number for coding Screenshot as required, eg highlighting or encircling sections of text.
5. when you are ready, Click DoneThen Click Save PDF to Files To store your screenshot for later. Instead, hit share To send a PDF to someone instantly via email or direct message.
So, now you know how to take a full page screenshot on both iPhone and iPad. It’s little everyday features like these, designed to make your life easier, that turn your regular smartphone or tablet into one of the best phones or best tablets out there.
It’s not worth it that this screenshot feature only works in Safari, it can’t be used in other apps. Since Safari is the browser I use most of the time, I rarely need this feature anywhere else, but it would be nice to see it rolled out in other apps in the future.
Now that you’ve learned how to take screenshots of whole pages, why not check out our list of other hidden iPhone features and our guides on how to turn on the mirror front camera on iPhone, how to activate an interactive weather map on iPhone and how to cast Harry Potter spells on iPhone.
The security conscious may also want to read our guide on how to turn off important sites to prevent their iPhones from being tracked, and how to protect your iPhone from thieves.